tBTC Minting Walkthrough
Follow along with this guide and leverage your Bitcoin by minting tBTC.
Here are some things you will need before you start the minting process:
Ethereum (ETH) for Ethereum transaction gas costs
Bitcoin compatible wallet
Ethereum compatible wallet
If you don't already have one, you'll need to set up a Bitcoin wallet. A solid option to use is Green Wallet. You can download it here:
After you've created your wallet, select
Bitcoinas your network.
- 1.Connect your preferred Ethereum wallet to the tBTC dapp by selecting Connect Wallet.
- 3.Enter a Bitcoin wallet address as the BTC Recovery Address. Click Generate Deposit Address to create your unique deposit address.
- 4.Make sure to download the JSON file by clicking Download. The JSON file contains a wallet public key, a refund public key, and a refund lock time. You need to keep this JSON file until you receive your tBTC tokens.
- 1.In your Bitcoin wallet, take a picture of the QR code of the generated Deposit Address in the tBTC dapp. It will look something like this:
- 2.Send your BTC deposit to this Deposit Address from your Bitcoin wallet. The minimum deposit is 0.01 BTC.
- 3.Return to the tBTC dapp. After your funds are sent, the screen will automatically advance to Step 3.
- 1.To initiate minting, click on Confirm deposit & mint.
- 2.Sign the transaction in your Ethereum wallet.
- 1.Your mint is now in progress! You don't need to remain in the dapp to wait for your tBTC tokens to mint. You can see the status of your mint in the dapp. The first stage requires 1 confirmation on the Bitcoin Network before advancing to the next step.
- 2.Now you will see the following while waiting for a Minter to assess the minting initialization:
- 3.Next, you will see the following while waiting for a Guardian to examine the minting request:
- 4.Success! You can see all transaction links on this screen.
- 5.Make sure to add the tBTC token address to your Ethereum wallet by clicking token address.
You've successfully minted tBTC!